Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Successful Field Trip

I am sure you are all wondering how the field trip went. I was a success. We met Mr. Schultz at the Scoggins Creek Bridge and released about 450 Rainbow Trout fry. They will make their way down to Hagg Lake within the week and start growing there. Mr. Schultz said that we hope to have %5-10 of the fish make it to adulthood. That doesn't seem like a lot, but for us that is between 25-50 fish. Not bad for a little Middle School like us. We did have a reporter from the Forest Grove paper meet us there. She took pictures of the kids releasing fish and asked some questions of the students, teachers, and Mr. Schultz. Please let me know if you see something in the paper in the coming weeks. It would be really neat to see what they say.
We also had an Earth Quake Drill today. It is no big deal and I really wouldn't have said anything, but Mr. Schiemann complemented our "bigger kids" for showing a good example to the "younger ones". He made sure that I heard the compliment and gave me a thumbs up for the behavior of our Middle Schoolers. Way to go guys, you rocked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment