Saturday, January 7, 2017

Mr. Bauer Writes Again

It seems like such a long time since I have written anything on our Blog. The Christmas season was crazy and the weeks leading up to it where not normal.
Even as I sit to write this, I am watching the snow come down outside our house. I have just been informed that, "It is STICKING!!!!"
We have some exciting things coming up. There is no school this coming Friday or Monday. However the Middle School lock-in is on Friday evening to Saturday morning. Information was sent home with your students. There is a permission slip that is needed so please ask your child about the lock-in. Also, last night, Mr. P, Mrs. Moeller, Mr. Schimann, and I went to the movies. You might think that is a little weird, but we did it on purpose. A few weeks back I saw a preview for "Hidden Figures" and was excited about how we could use that for a learning opportunity. I am pleased to say that we all enjoyed it and saw areas that each of our core subjects come into the movie. We are in conversation right now with the Manager, we met him last night and had about a 20 minute conversation, about how we can have a private showing for our Middle Schoolers and parents as an educational field trip. More information will be made available when we have solidified plans. In the mean-time, if you want to see the movie, maybe you can wait and come see it with us.
Coming up in my classes:
Bible: we finished our novel, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and will be getting back to Moses. The Isrealites are in the wilderness and the Ten Commandments will be given to them soon.
Science: We have moved away from the Moon and Earth and started reaching out further. This coming chapter focuses on the Solar System and where each planet is located and just how far away these bodies are. We will also discuss he importance of water to life.
Math: we are closing in on finishing our Chapter on lines and linear equations. I anticipate the chapter test to be earlier part of the week after this coming week.
History: we are still looking at the Pharaohs  of Egypt and their accomplishments. We may even finish that chapter this week and have an assessment early the next week.
Our students continue to impress me and remind me of why I love to teach.
Thank you for all the Chirstmas presents. My family and I have enjoyed many of the items already and will continue to in the coming weeks.
Blessing on your weekend
Mr. Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment