Sunday, January 22, 2017

Mr. Bauer and his two cents

It feels like I haven't talked to you all in a very long time. That is probably because it has been a long time. With Snowmageddon coming and going, school just has not been normal lately. I would like to say the crazy is over. But as the weather crazy is over, now we get to the school crazy. Before I tell you about that, I would like to share with you the winner of the latest photo competition. Brennan of 7th grade gave us a glimpse into his life with his cat. 
I would like to say that we had several good pictures, but in the end cuteness wins the day. If you would like to see all 48 submitted photos, you can look at the Kahoot we used to vote with by going to Kahoot.it and looking for Jan 2017 Snowmageddon Photo Competition. My user name is pbfour if you look for it. The kids had a great time taking the pictures and voting for their favorite. Brennan is now currently the owner of the tut your own horn trophy. If we have another day off, your kid could claim the title next. 

As far as the crazy coming up, this week is Lutheran Schools week. Monday we are asked to wear our crazy socks. I just so happen to own some precious Disney socks I will be sporting.  We have several BasketBall games this week as well as a dance on Friday. A flyer went home with students on Friday about the upcoming dance, but if you missed it...it is on Friday from 8-10 pm in the Cafeteria. Practices for many LEST events are in full swing. The teachers are also looking for a make up day for the lock-in that we missed. 
"Hidden Figures" This movie will motivate, inspire, teach, and encourage curiousity in many of our students on Tuesday. I am so excited to use this movie as a wrap up to our Science investigation of Space. However, I feel like this is more than a Science movie. I don't want to give too much away, but I hope to see many parents come along. 
My grades are up to date. I encourage you all to look at your child's progress. This grading period is coming to a close sooner than we think. I did grade a quiz that was given this week and was very pleased that the average grade was an A. If your child would like to correct it for extra points, they may do so and turn it in by this Friday. However, this is a bonus to people who read the BLOG. If anyone asks, I will tell them to read the BLOG. From here we will look specifically at individual planets as well as do an investigation on orbits. 
In Math, we finished out chapter on lines. We will be going over a review early this week and we anticipate the test to be on Thursday and Friday this week. 
In History, we finished our study on Pharoaphs. Instead of testing on this section, I will continue to on to the next chapter which is about the daily life in ancient Egypt. I will gather an assessment after that section. I would like to do some sort of progect, but have not fiured that out just yet. 
In Bible, we will continue to be stuck in the wilderness for another 40 years, because we did not trust God. Aren't you glad we no longer have to worry about that? No, we wont be wondering, but we will be learning to trust in God and see the mistakes the Isrealities made in the desert and see how Faithful God was and is to his people. 

It came up this week that I could say something that I appreciate about each of our wonderful students. All of them have their individual personalities and should be reminded of how great they are and how great God created them to be. It is my personal goal to write to each of you about your student in the next two weeks. Please hold me to this and give me a gentle reminder if you do not hear from me in two weeks. Also, I want to use this as an encouragement, help me to share with your child that anything I say about them should be used to hurt others in what good things I say about them.

I really do love my life right now. 
Thank you for being a part of my blessings from God. 
Mr. Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment