Thursday, November 3, 2016

Update for Mr. Bauer

Good Morning FHLCS Middle School Families,
I wanted to fill you all in on a couple of things. I am writing on the MS page because many of these updates reach more than 1 class.
Conference week was a crazy and fulfilling week. It was so nice to see many of you and have a good chance to talk with your student. I loved praying for the kids I got to and continue to hold all of our students in prayer to the Lord. It was nice to see your students want to grow and the goals that many of them had. It is funny that they see the areas they need to grow are many times the areas that we as teachers recognize as well.
I also saw some areas that I need to be better in as well. First of all communication. I am not good at this mass communication. I will continue to make an effort to post to this blog. I also know I am not good at telling the parents when up-coming events are. As a staff of teachers we have decided to use the Google Calendar app to post "big" due dates. This includes projects, tests, and some quizzes. Ultimately we want students to keep track of any assignments and due dates, but we will come along side anyone who is struggling with this.
The other area that I want to improve on is helping my struggling and not struggling students in math. Starting this Tuesday, I am willing to have my students stay after on Tuesday and Friday for additional help. I will walk kids back to St. Peters on those days at 4 pm. Parents can pick them up there. I will have a letter for those students in the coming days to go home.
Please help me as I learn to grow. You can give encouragement and some constructive criticism when needed.
In Science, we are all finishing up our study of Seasons in the next couple of days. We will continue the coming weeks by learning more about the Moon.
I hope to see many of you at the Harvest Party on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment