Sunday, June 4, 2017

A week of Lasts

As a teacher, I have mixed feelings about summer break. I really love spending more time with the family, going on vacations, working in the garden, and dreaming about next year. However, I really love teaching this 8th grade class. We really have had a great year together. They are unique, curious, intelligent, and funny (in their own ways.) But here we are. There is a season for all things, is this is coming to the season to say farewell to the 8th graders and welcome to the 5th.  They will be amazing in their new school. They will make new friends, have new teachers, work in various new classes, and spread their wings a little further. I also want to say goodbye to all those who will not return next year for various reasons. Blessings on your new adventure, we love, and will miss you as well.
So this is the week of lasts. For the 6th and 7th graders, tomorrow is the last day they will have their Chromebooks. They will get a new one next year.
This Wednesday we will have our last field trip of the year. I am excited about how many adults are planning to join us for this event.
This week is the last couple of classes. For me it will be the last couple of experiments. On Monday we will launch our stomp rockets, and I have a present for each student. To get the present they will have to perform a simple experiment. On Tuesday, students will be making their own ice cream. I do need a little help from parents on this one and I will send out an email shortly about how you can help. On Wednesday we are gone on field trips and Thursday we are with our own classes the whole day.
6th graders should bring in a reusable grocery bag on Thursday. That is the last day to clean out our desks. We will clean the classroom and spend the rest of our time in worship. at 10:30 we head to the chapel for the last chapel of the year.
Tuesday is the last day for students to turn in any work to me. If they have missing, late, or corrected work, it must be in by the end of the day Tuesday. I will still have Math Club on Tuesday, so students can turn in work all the way until 4:00 in the afternoon.

Thank You. Thank you for a wonderful year.

P.S. This is the last couple of days with normal hair. On Tuesday, my new barber Laura in 7th, will give me a new look. I can't wait to see what she does to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment